The Village of East Alton, Illinois is accepting applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter.
- Over 21 and under 35 years of age, except as otherwise provided by Federal and State Statutes
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Meet all standards as required by statutes, ordinance, and East Alton Fire & Police Commission regulations
- Capable of passing an extensive background investigation
- Applicants must have current CPAT Certification prior to an oral interview
- Must be an EMT-B at the day of hire
- Must live within 20 linear miles of the corporate limits 1 year of the date of hire
All qualified applicants MUST be available for the written test on October 30th, 2021 at 10:00 AM. Oral interviews will follow during the week of Nov. 1st, 2021. Applicants must have current CPAT Certification at the time of the oral interview.
Applications may be obtained in the East Alton Village Clerk’s office located at 119 West Main, East Alton, Illinois 62024 or downloaded below.
Acceptance of applications will close Friday, October 22nd at 4:30 PM.